There have only been two major periods in my life where I lost a substantial amount of weight: the first time was my undergraduate days and the second time was as a patient at the Prather Practice.
What exactly made the change?
- Eating as much healthy food as I want satisfied my hunger
- Eating slowly allowed me to enjoy my meals
- Going to bed early calmed my metabolism
- Getting up early kickstarted my day on a good note, preparing my body for the hard work ahead
- Working hard and staying busy throughout the day didn’t give me time to eat out of boredom
- Devotions in the Word kept my mind on track, less easily distracted by foods
- Eating more meals with people (i.e., lunch with classmates) slowed my “gorge” tendencies.
So, really…this health journey on which I seemed to have backtracked…
…is about a healthy mind.